Regular Dental Exams & Cleanings are Important
The Comprehensive Dental Exam Process
Dr. Molinar will perform a comprehensive dental exam at your initial visit. At regular check-up exams, he and the hygienist staff will include the following:
- Modern Digital X-Rays: Our cutting edge x-ray technology reduces your exposure to radiation by 90%. Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss, x-rays also help determine relative tooth and root positions.
- Oral Cancer Examination: Dr. Molinar will check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Check for Decay: We pay careful attention to the surfaces of your teeth to identify tooth decay as early as possible.
- Existing Dental Work: Check the integrity of current fillings, crowns, etc.
Our registered dental hygienists are hand picked by Dr. Molinar to provide the most comprehensive and comfortable cleaning of your teeth. We conduct the following during your cleaning appointment:
- Removal of Calculus (tartar): Calculus is a mineral build up caused by plaque that has been allowed to harden after being left on the tooth for a period of time.
- Removal of Plaque: Plaque is a sticky, colorless film of bacteria and sugars that constantly forms on our teeth. It is the main cause of cavities and gum disease, and can harden into tartar if not removed daily.
- Teeth Polishing: We give your smile a final polishing to remove any stains and remaining traces of plaque that was not removed during the previous steps.